Wednesday, January 14, 2009
In my last post, I mentioned that I've been redesigning my portfolio/illustration website. Originally it started out as a project for my computer imagery class over a year ago. I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the class who was building their website and actually expecting to use it, so I tried to really do a good job on it. I thought it had a really nice clean design, kind of a trendy simplistic graphic look. It ended up looking very blocky and like a web page from 1995-not quite what I was going for. Aesthetics aside, it was great to learn how to use the Dreamweaver software, and FTP clients and what not. I have an alloted space on the UW-Stout server, so I still have the old website up here: https://bluedrive.uwstout.edu/users/students/andersonma/wwwroot/ Anyway, it was time to give it a refresh, so I've spent the last three days starting from scratch with a more flashy, aesthetically pleasing look, along with a lot more images on it.
I'd love to hear what everyone thinks, and I'm very open to suggestions for improvement. Check it out! http://www.marcandersonillustration.com