Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some old ducks and wood cuts.

The last couple days I have been completely redesigning my website. I thought it might be fun to add a "Fine Art/Design" page, but in doing so, I had to go through and get some photo's of all my old paintings, sculptures, woodcuts, drawings etc. Here were a few that I nearly forgot about until I dug to the bottom of some rather large stacks of drawings.



This was a print of my brother I did last spring. It was taken from a photo I took of him on the morning of his wedding while we were eating breakfast. Go figure.




These two were a diptych taken from a few photos taken by the gracious Zack Wallenfang. The project was "social commentary" so I thought I would take a stab at the media exploitation of the 35W bridge incident. They were titled "Structurally Entertaining"




Here's a couple 9"x12" paintings from high school. My art teacher really pressured me to enter in the Wisconsin Junior Duck Stamp Competition, and so I did pretty much nothing but ducks and wild life for most of the classes I took with her. The first duck actually got Honorable Mention when I was a junior, which I was rather excited for, but now looking back at the painting, it really isnt that good, and my technique was terrible. However, it was fun to look over all my old work.

No comments: